A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Anti yummy mummy

My daughter came home from camp with a business card from another camper, a business card with the kids pic, name, and underneath "Available for play dates on and off premises". Give me a break!!!! Maybe I am just anti social or something, but I found it a little pretentious to give your kid a business card when they are 5 years old!! I am a very down to earth person, no airs about me at all, I don't put on loads of make up just to go around the corner to buy diapers. I don't wear my sheitel just to take my kids to school. I don't hand my kids business cards to make play dates. Something about it just really rubs me the wrong way.

I go to the mall in Toronto and see some of these really pretentious mothers with the bugaboo strollers, not a hair out of place, perfectly behaved kids with the trendy names, who sit there snapping a million photos with 2 of their friends videotaping with a camcorder while their kid gets a hair cut (I saw that at melon heads, 3 people snapping pics and videotaping the one kid, pushing me and my stroller out of their way while I was trying to get 2 of my kids hair cut. I am in a pissy cranky mood today and feel like ranting. :) I just really can not stand rude pretentious people. I think what started my irritability today was when I put out the clippings and branches for pick up tomorrow one of the neighbors stood in my drive way staring at it and when I asked what was the problem she told me I should pay someone to pick it up, the branches are too big and I should go right now and buy more paper bags for it and split it, and I should put it in the garage in the mean time! ARG!!!!! I have 5 kids, why doesn't she go out and pick up some bags for me if it bothers her so much???? Why don'/t these people get a freaking life. Don't they have anything better to do? maybe I should hand her a ruler so she can measure the few branches that are sticking out to make sure they meet township requirements.

ok, I am going now, before I get even more crankier, if thats possible. Tomorrow is another, less cranky day :)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Tea N. Crumpet said…

    I just dropped in for the first time. I so hear you on the mothers doing that nonsense. Their kids are all named Bhree and Caleb and even if they aren't perfectly behaved, they pretend they are and smile, "I'n't he cute?" Nauseating! (I have nine. I wind up theatrically stifling yawns at these people.)

    Sweet blog-- you crack me up!

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    Yup! LOL. I am glad you enjoy my blog, thanks! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home