A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Carbs, carbs, and more carbs

I am so craving carbs right now. I am on day 3 of South Beach diet. So hard! But I know if I stick to it I will manage to lose the baby weight IY"H. I read that eventually I won't crave any carbs once it gets out of my system. I will be allowed whole grained bread, rice and pasta in phase two, but I am planning on staying on phase one for a month. I read that 1 month is allowed, in a q and a with the doc who invented the diet, Dr. Agaston. Problem is, Rosh Hashana is right around the corner. I will have to be extremely strict with myself.

Today is the last day of the first session of camp. I can't believe the summer is half over. Monday begins the second session of camp. After camp is over, there is about a two week break until school begins (G_d help me, LOL) I will be stuck in the house with all 5 of them for those two weeks. I think I will try to toilet train #4 during this break, (she's 2 1/2 and ready, she takes her diaper off every time she pees..) and also get #3 to wear his tzitzis and kippa. He is extremely resistant, and the camp is lenient about it, but school will not be. I am going to do what I did to get him to be toilet trained, take him for ice cream if he puts it on :) I did that to get him to wear underwear after he was trained and it worked. I am not so certain it will work again though, so I am going to buy some stickers and stuff from the dollar store too as a back up.

Well, I am off now to go eat some veggies, maybe I will wake up tomorrow and be a rabbit :)

2 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Tea N. Crumpet said…

    I don't like potty training-- I have nine and am on my last two, an almost 4 year old son and an almost two year old daughter. I started to think I will miss the diaper phase as we are done having kids but you know. . . I think I'll get over it. ;)

    Sweet blog! I enjoy your writing style!

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    hehehe :) I keep thinking how much $ I will save once my 2 1/2 year old and not yet ready to be trained 15 month old are out of diapers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home