A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The CNE!

I have no clue why I am fully awake and typing away at 5:40 in the morning. I woke up and felt fully awake so I figured I would go surf the net and enter my long list of daily contests. (not that I ever really win :P) We are taking #1 and #2 to the ex today (canadian national exhibition). its a huge fair with a midway, hundreds of booths and shops, a huge food place (only the hersheys booth and some of the beverage booths are kosher. Just what my waist line needs :P) We are leaving #3, #4, and #5 with the bubbe. Then afterwards we are going to a sheva brachos at the bubbe's house in the evening. Its going to be extremely crowded as she invited a lot of people. To tell you the truth, I hate crowded venues, it makes me very anxious. Especially I will have 5 kids running around too.

To be honest I have not been feeling very social this past week, having to wait at the camp bus stop with a supermom every day and her sometimes rude comments about #1 and sometimes #3. Thank G-d camp is over on Wednesday. I know I will have to wait with her again next year, but that is a whole year again to worry about it. Luckily there are some nice down to earth mothers here too and I have managed to have some friends in my home away from home. Not everyone here is Supermom but Normal Mom :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Debbie Feit said…

    Hi,

    I also have a child with ADHD as well as other issues. I love the "Welcome to Holland" poem and wanted to share with you something I thought you might be interested in. I run a website for parents of children with all special needs at www.ourspecialkids.com. I sell a line of T-shirts and other products and one of my designs is based on the Holland poem. Check it out at www.cafepress.com/ourspecialkids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home