A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Drowning in a Sea of Kashi....

Help! I am drowning in a sea of kashi! Friday, I received a huge box from UPS. Apparently, the free kashi welcome kit I sent away for included 4 free boxes of kashi, a free tshirt, and 10 coupons for free boxes of kashi. I already had one box unopened sitting in the cupboard. I have yet to try it as I am still on phase 1 of southbeach. I lost 4 lbs so far. YAY :) I guess if i had been more strict that would have been 14. I am going to try harder this week.

In other news, Friday morning #3 decided to throw his summer hat out the camp bus window on the way to camp LOL. He was bugging his sister, #2, and they moved him to a different seat. He was not happy about that, and expressed it by tossing his hat out, in the middle of traffic on a major street. When he realized it was not going to come back, he was not a happy camper. At least we have a back up hat. A gymborree summer hat I got off of ebay for a good deal. I really love gymboree stuff and am glad I can get a good deal off of the stuff on ebay.

This weekend is Civic Holiday, which means no work for hubby. The malls are open, but I don't really need anything right now except boots for the kids for the winter, and I don't know when I will have time to get it as we are busy the next several sundays. It will have to be sometime during the week. I will have to ask the bubbe for a lift because #2 is a big kvetch about walking anywhere farther than one block. today was a street sale around the corner from my in laws and I got a picnic table for kids for 2.30 from a frum family (that way I don't have to worry anything traif was put on it). I also got a Step2 ride on toy for #4. Ok, time for lunch.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger mameloshn said…

    Yeah, ebay is great for childrens clothing. I am now buying the winter boots for my childern on ebay... Much fun. Always nice to receive parcels :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home