A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'd better learn how to speak Hebrew fast...

Today I got #3's hair cut at the barber. I asked the barber, short, but not bald short. Then, I asked the guy who usually cuts his hair who's chair was right next to the guy who was actually going to be cutting #3's hair, what do you usually use, #3, right? (the level of the clippers) He said something in Hebrew to the guy and next thing I know, my kid has such short hair it looks bald short!!! #3 looked at his reflection with this flabbergasted look on his face, his little mouth hung open in shock. I was also pretty shocked and perturbed at this hair cut. but at seeing #3's look on his face, I started cracking up laughing. So #3 laughed too. then the barber thought he did a bad job so he asked me if I liked it. (it wasn't a bad job, it was perfect but just way too short. but it was neat and even and thorough). He looks like a kid on Mea Shearim, except his payos are not long enough. My bald little baby LOL.

On another note, today bubbe's neighbor was having a garage sale and we picked up a great little tikes slide that can be hooked up to a hose to make a water slide. It's great, and it only cost 10 dollars and its in excellent condition. I cleaned it up with some Fanastic oxypower and its good as new. (except for the scratches from me dragging it back to the bubbe's house cause it was too bulky and bigger than me. :)

Ok, going to go read now..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home