A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee...

Today #2 got stung by a wasp (huge looking yellow jacket) while she was playing on the new (used) little tikes slide I got from a garage sale. At first I thought she was crying because she was scared of the bee on the slide. So I went outside and the bee was acting drunk. I poured water on it and it did not fly away, it just sat there acting weird. I was talking to my mom on the phone at the time, prompting me to ask my mom, can bees have rabies? this bee is acting off. Of course, I know they can't. I was just beeing silly (pun intended :P) So the bee disappeared after I poured more water on it. Then I noticed #2's finger was swelling up and she was getting hysterical, which in turn made me panic. So I phoned my MIL to come over with some children's Benadryl. In the mean time, I ran #2' bee sting finger under the cold water. I did not see a stinger. The benadryl helped with the sting. From now on I am always going to keep a bottle in the house. G_d forbid just in case this happens again. She is the first of the kids to ever get stung by a bee. For some reason, I always thought my kids wouldn't get stung ever. After she calmed down she was a bit proud of her sting, telling her bubbe and siblings "This is my very first bee sting. On my little finger." LOL. I hope the bees will beehave (another bee pun :P) for Succos. MIL is thinking of getting one of those bee things to hang on trees to keep them from bugging you.

Ok, I am tired now and want to go read some books.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home