A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Nurse Mommy R.N.

I am very drawn to the health sciences field. I never finished university (I attended William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ for 2 years as an English major, then York University, Toronto, 1 year, English major..I did not like it and never showed up to any of my classes at York LOL). I never figured out what I wanted to do with my life back then career wise and did not take university seriously. Now, 10 years later, as I approach 30, (Sept 28, don't forget!! :P) I want to be fulfilled professionally. Soon, in two years all of my kids will be in school IY"H. I want to be something, more than just a mother. When I was in university I thought I wanted to be a teacher, but I am not meant to be a teacher. I feel that in my gut and that is why I never showed up to the classes at York. I always attended at WPU though..) I love the medical field, I find it fascinating. I was speaking to my mother in law's friend who is a nurse at length yesterday, being we were both at the urgent care clinic for hours. (She was with her husband who was not feeling well). I think I am very interested in becoming a nurse. I wonder if it would be possible to go back to university as a mature student in 2 years time and get a nursing degree. I could go when my kids are in school, or perhaps there are evening courses. I want to look further into it. Right now I am just too exhausted to possibly be able to study for any degree. but in 2 years time I will have my days free IY"H. I wish I knew this 10 years ago, I could have had my degree by now instead of wasting time studying for an English degree that is useless. I am definitely going to look into the nursing programs around to see what my options are so I can get an idea of what it would be like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home