A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Starting the process

Today I phoned up my old high school (Go MTHS! :P) and requested they send me my transcripts. It felt weird calling there and using my maiden name. I have changed so much since then. IY"H next year probably by September I will be applying for the nursing program at Seneca, for the September 2009 semester. I am really excited about it but also a nervous wreck too. Baruch Hashem, I have a full busy life with taking care of 5 kids and a hubby, but I feel going back to finish my degree is what I have to do. I feel it strongly in my gut. I am not getting any younger, and if I wait till my kids are all grown up I will be too old then. I hope they accept me into the program. I find I start doubting myself and then start to feel discouraged but I know in my heart being a nurse is what I should be doing. I should have known when I was a candy striper at the hospital for 4 years and loved every second, even sometimes volunteering 8 hour shifts, that was my true calling, not being a teacher like my whole family pushed me into majoring in. I wasted my university time and money in a wrong major. I hope to G-d that I get accepted into the nursing program. Being I am not applying till next year, I have less than 12 months to obsess and worry about it LOL, and of course, daven very hard :) I know it will be a difficult path I am taking, and I worry how will I manage to get the kids to school in time and home and still take courses? G-d willing it will all work out. I also worry about how the hell I am going to pay for it, but I guess I will have to look at OSAP and pray I get a lot of grants and bursaries, and also of course DAVEN very hard :)

3 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous LeeAnn said…

    Hi! Maybe take 1 or 2 classes non-matriculated and get A's (maybe even 3). Then they will with no question, accept you.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Mariann said…

    Agree with Leeann -- try taking some classes at a community college (or whatever the Canadian equivalent is) to pump up your transcript and refresh your memory/skills. Some two-year schools even have bridge programs for professional careers like teaching and nursing, which will also aide in your transfer opportunities.

    Good luck going back to school!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    Hi,
    Actually seneca is a college,, colelges here are like a community college, not like a regular college in the states. G-d willing, I am applying at Seneca college, which has a 2 year program and then do 2 years back at good ol York U, and then IY"H taking the test to be an R.N.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home