A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Bugaboo!

Lately, I have been looking at single strollers, and the many varieties there are. Next year, #4 will be in nursery school, IY"H, leaving me with just #5 at home during the day. I would feel silly pushing around a triple stroller with just one baby in the front. (unless I take some dolls and strap them in the empty seats LOL). So I've been noticing what other moms are pushing around. At first, I thought bugaboos were just some trend for wealthy moms. (yes, you need to be able to be wealthy to afford this one, and alas, I am NOT :(. so I can only drool over this amazing stroller). They maybe trendy and expensive but look at those wheels on that baby! Its like the mercedes benz of strollers. As a person who does not have a car and walks everywhere, I need a stroller with good hardy wheels. I have a peg perego triple stroller I bought gently used at less than half the price its worth, and it was in perfect condition when I bought it. The wheels on it are absolutely awful though. (I had all the wheels replaced just recently) For such an expensive stroller you would expect to have something hardy. but it is not good in the rain and snow. I have broken it twice so far due to pushing it in ice and snow. Another mom gave me her used triple jogging stroller for free. Its not in the best condition but it will work for when I need it during the snowy days of winter. A downside is it does not fit through ANY door way and I will need to take out #4 and #5 before going into the school for #2 and #3. Anyway, I just love a bugaboo, but even used on craigslist they are still out of my price range. So I am looking at other hardy brands. The zooper someone was selling at a good price had some bad reviews I noticed as the screws, nuts and bolts get rusty quite fast. Being I am always walking outdoors I need to pass on that one. I'll find a good deal eventually hopefully.

Anyway, I am going to go do some cleaning now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home