A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Karate Boy!

#1 was so cute today in karate LOL. All the kids in the karate class were. There is this one boy that #1 is becoming friends with, and I am very happy about it :) #1 got a student of the day certificate from his sensei. I had a crazy busy day non stop.

This morning I cleaned up from shabbos, then took #1 on the bus to karate, then grabbed some pizza with him. Then, we went back home. Then #2, bubbe and I walked all the way to the shoe store as she needed new shoes. It was a good 45 minute walk. we made a stop at the pharmacy, and also a Judaica store as #1 needed new t-shirt tzitzis. Then, we walked home, but not before stopping at the bakery to get some rye bread. Then I came home, helped hubby put away the sukka boards, then made dinner.

Before, while I was making meat balls, the fleishig sink overflowed all over the place , including my milchigs counter tops. CRAP! I had to phone my rabbi to see if I needed to kasher everything. When I left the message, I accidentally gave the shul phone number as mine. Luckily I realized my mistake before ending my message. I told my rabbi on the machine..sorry! that's your phone number! I must be very tired. Here is mine. I am a bit embarrassed but I'm sure my rabbi won't think anything about my silly error. Luckily I don't need to rekasher everything. The water was not that hot. I just need to let it sit 24 hours without anything hot on it.

On a sad note, my grandma (my dad's mom) suffered a small stroke :( She already has dementia but since the stroke her speech is off, she no longer knows who I am, (she keeps calling me Marlena, which is NOT my name, or even close to it.) she is calling my sister Marlene (not her name either or even close). My dad said she is saying each word as its own sentence, is slurring her words, and dragging around her right leg :( She is in Florida and I haven't seen her since I was a teenager. I feel bad :( I would love to go up to see her now. This is what i find frustrating about living so far from my family. If I was nearby I would be at the hospital every day, or at least several times a week to visit :( Please daven for Florence bas Helen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home