A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Watching the clock, Tick Tick Tick...

Counting the seconds till hubby comes home from working today as he had to make up some hours he owed from the past 2 months due to Yom Tov, doctor appt, etc. I have been stuck in the house for the past 2 days with 5 kids. I am going for a sanity break as soon as hubby comes home. I am dressed and ready to flee..umm..err..I mean go. :)

First of all, #1 had a bad bronchitis type cough. I called the doc that makes house-calls. (NOT MED VISIT..those incompetent 2bit doctors.) He said #1 has bronchitis but can go to karate. I send #1 to karate with the bubbe and they went out to lunch after. I giv #1 his zithromax. he has no fever and seems ok. a few hours later, he is under the covers with a fever. I give him some childrens motrin. I guess the zithromax takes a day to kick in. During this time, #2 decides now is a great time to hide her expensive glasses! ARG!!!!! I have looked EVERYWHERE!!! I phoned my mother in law for help in looking, and she could not find them either. I am about to cry I am so frustrated. During this looking time #3 takes apart the half broken doll crib I got from a garage sale where the seller neglected to tell me its falling apart. (it looked sturdy until I got it home where the whole thing just fell apart and needs to be constantly put together again.) I phoned hubby up, told him I am NOT cooking meatballs and spaghetti tonight. Forget it. Tonight is a veggie burger night. I am really cranky and need a time out, outside of the house :) I am tempted to go have ice cream for dinner, but that would not be good as I am trying to lose weight, not gain some more.

Hubby should be home any second IY"H. Yay! I am going to go wait by the door and as soon as it opens, I sprint. :) Just KIDDING!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home