A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Antisemetic Incident

This morning, I am at the mall, trying to buy bus tickets from a person who had a very poor command of the English language and was unable to answer or even understand any of my questions about the new TTC fares and in addition kept screwing up my debit card transaction on the machine. Then, as I am leaving the mall a Russian man called out to me, HI Mrs. Jew. I said, excuse me?? What did you just call me? and then he said, I meant How are you? Come on! Even with his thick accent the two sounded NOTHING alike. He definitely called me Mrs. Jew. I guess he was afraid of the verbal ass-kicking I was about to give him :) Ya know, its not worth it anyway, he would still be a narrow minded putz even if I did tell him off.

I am in a pissed off cranky mood now.

BTW #3 may not be moved to nursery from Junior Kindergarten after all. I spoke to the director of pre-school to confirm he would be switching on Monday and she said she isn't sure its the right move yet and wants to give him another week or so to observe him in the classroom and make REALLY sure before she does it. Oops. Guess I should not have thrown out the j.k. class list just yet. Guess I will have to get another copy tomorrow.

Time for lunch.

I really need a spa day to help me unwind LOL.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    Ow my! I don't know if I should laugh or cry for you. I can't believe that someone would say that!! That's just an idiot believe me. I could just picture your face when he said that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home