A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Kosher Experience

Hmm...I've been doing some research on the kosher facilities near where I'll be in NJ. What exactly is the Shop-Rite Kosher Experience like? Here in toronto, there is a Sobeys with a kosher bakery, glatt kosher meat department, cholov yisrael dairy (though I am not cholov yisrael), there are prepared kosher foods you can just heat up. My dad is not frum, so hubby and I have to figure out what to do for food when visiting next month. Eating out lunch and dinner every day is out, being we are a family of 7 there is NO way we could afford that. It would be several hundred bucks! So I am thinking we can do coldcuts, maybe try to find something I can double wrap and heat up in the oven. Does the kosher experience at shoprite have kosher prepared foods? Maybe I will give the one I am thinking about a call. It's the one in East Windsor, NJ. I see there is a kosher bakery in Highland Park, but from what I remember last time I visited, you can get a rye with a kaf k hecscher at shop rite. It's not fresh, but hey, it's bread, right? :) I also have to figure out what to pack for our ride down. I figured, sandwiches on the way down for lunch, but what for dinner? I don't trust any tuna in the cooler that's been in there for 7 hours. Poopie. Blatt's butcher block in Scranton is where we used to stop for dinner but its no more, Mr. Blatt is retired. I loved the hoagies there. We're visiting a friend in Fredricksburg on our way down, but she is not Jewish, so therefore does not keep kosher, so she can't cook anything for us, but I am sure she won't mind if I unload some prepared stuff from the cooler to eat at her house. I haven't seen her since before I got married! It's been almost a decade! I am so excited about seeing her! It better not be a blizzard the day we are leaving on our trip LOL.
Anyway, I still have to figure out what to do for supper on the way down to my dad's house.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home