A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Look Me in the Eye!

I am reading a very interesting book by a man with Asperger's syndrome, called "Look me in the Eye" by John Elder Robison. As a mom who has a 7 year old son with Asperger's syndrome I find it interesting to read a book from the perspective of someone who actually has it. It's a good read, I recommend it :) (warning: there are a few non major swear words in there, just in case you are easily offended.).

It's getting closer to December, and you know what that means: We'd better get moving and book our car rental for our trip to New Jersey! IY"H. My mother in law was going to rent a car for us with aeroplan miles but we just discovered there isn't enough for our whole 9 day trip. Hubby has to make some calls to see if we can pay the difference that aeroplan doesn't cover. I hope they say yes because otherwise bye bye trip :( A car rental for 9 days would cost us close to 1000 dollars. I don't see why they would say no, IY"H it's probably going to be okay.

Ok, time to get everyone away from TV land and get ready for school!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    I hope you make it back home to visit. It's always hard to be away from your own parents. You hometown is not long a ways from where I am from which is the burbs of Philadelphia area.

    You should check the internet too sometimes they have great deals to rent cars/vans for weekly rentals.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home