A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Tasering in Vancouver Airport

There was an incident at the Vancouver airport a while ago, I'm sure you've read about it by now. Here's a link to it in case you haven't. An innocent, unarmed man who was immigrating here from Poland was left for 10 hours in the airport and forgotten about, and due to language barrier, no one helped him. Instead some guy decided to video tape thew whole thing. It was assumed he spoke Russian so I think a Russian translator was supposed to be found to help him. EXCEPT he spoke POLISH!! NOT RUSSIAN! The police tasered him three times and he died. I saw the video yesterday and am so upset. The poor man. WHY did the police taser an unarmed man????? He was agitated because no one could understand him, he was new to the country, he couldn't find his mother. He was scared, as anyone would be in that situation. He was here legally, he had all his papers. The system screwed up. I hope the police that tasered that man get sued. In my opinion, there was no need for that. The poor man didn't have any weapons on him. I think the use of taser is inhumane, I read somehwere its 50,000 volts!!! Its to stun the muscles. I don't know why I watched the video on the news website. Just to hear the cries of agony of that man, I felt sick to my stomach. The vancouver airport immigration should be ashamed of themselves for forgetting about this man and closing up for the day, leaving him there, and the police who were there dealing with the man should get in trouble for killing an innocent person. I don' suggest watching the video, its very upsetting.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    There has been a few taser situations here in the US lately too but no one died. I'm such an emotional person I couldn't stand to see that video so I'll take your advise and not watch it.

    What a shame that things like this happen. Wonder how they can get Polish and Russian mixed up. Strange because I don't think they sound the same... maybe I'm wrong. Ow, and plus looking at his papers I'm sure it said Poland. Strange.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home