A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, December 24, 2007

An eventful trip to NJ

Right now, as I type, my ol pet cat Tigger is curled up at my feet :) How I missed my itty bitty kitty. (though now at 10, he is not so much a kitty anymore.) Anyway, I am beyond exhausted. We left Toronto yesterday around 10:30 a.m. We planned on stopping to see my best friend in Fredricksburg, PA first before going to NJ. After two wrong turns in PA, and ending up on a non road with some grass, and almost ending up in a nearby cemetary, we managed to get unstuck and to what we thought was a main road. I had to call my friend from my cell phone, which is probably going to cost me BIG time when I get my bill. She gave me directions to get to her house. By the time we got there, it was 9:30 pm., and we still had yet to even start our visit, and a 3 1/2 hour drive to my dad's. My friend invited all 7 of us to sleep over (she's been my best friend since age 8. The last time we had a sleep over was my senior year in high school, New Years Eve, when I worked for Wendy's :) My dad didn't want us to drive back so late, all of us were exhausted, so we slept over. :) It was nice, very rural, and relaxing, quiet. :) I woke up 3 hours later though unable to fall asleep again. I was tempted to wake my friend to chat, but didn't. But in the morning, she told me I should have. Darn!! I think I left my son's socks there somewhere. I have one of the cubes from the don't break the ice game that somehow found it's way into my kids luggage. Sigh.

Anyway, we left for NJ around 8:30 am and got there almost at 11 a.m. Hubby had to daven shacharis at my dad's house, I unloaded the luggage, but then all my kids started a chorus of "hungry" (thanks a lot max and ruby! LOL). anyway, my sis drove me to the kosher experience at shoprite in east windsor. yay :) it was great. I bought a lot of sandwiches, and kosher tv dinners, and 2 kosher rotissiere chickens. Then I had to do laundry (yes, even though technically, I AM supposed to be on a vacation!) then I had to bathe the kids. Hubby blew up air mattresses, and now we are all relaxing. Anyway, that's the update for today. I am going to go cuddle with my tiggy now. Maybe when we get back to Toronto, I should start up my get a cat for the kids campaign with hubby again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home