A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Kosher Experience

I love that place in shoprite. I went there again with my sister this morning while hubby looked after the kinderlach. The manager of the kosher experience there told me to call on Monday and he would make up sandwiches for us fresh for our return trip home on Tuesday. I am actually looking forward to going home, believe it or not.

This is the vacation from hell. At least my kids are having a good time though. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to be home visiting, however my dad's second wife who is not the nicest person in the world is making it very uncomfortable. She is not that crazy bout kids, in all the years my dad visited me in Toronto, she never saw my kids once. She feels that once your kid is 18, you should be cut free, she has a son in Canada who she rarely sees, and speaks to only once a week or so, so she is not happy hubby and me and the kinderlach are staying here during our visit. She is mad that my sister moved back home while looking for a new job. Every noise the kids make, every crumb on the floor, despite me and hubby's constant cleaning up after the kids, she is complaining to my dad about it. My dad told me she is pounding him about everything and driving him crazy. In fact, she just called him now on his cell and kvetched that the kids are playing too loudly. SIGH. they are just being kids!!! they are not even being wild. My dad tells me he and the witch are probably going to split up as she hates animals, kids etc and he is not willing to cut me and my sis out of his life like she wants him to. We're reminders that my dad had a wife before her, and she is jealous. She is cold, rude and nasty to my sister, and completely ignores me and hubby. My sis and I are having some fun though, every time the step mom's name comes up in our converation one of us starts singing the little song from the wizard of oz when the wicked witch is riding her bicycle during the start of the movie. :) None of my friends like her, which is one of the reasons I am meeting my friends at dunkin donuts tomorrow and not having them over. I feel like I can't breathe here. This has been a bad vacation honestly. and I told my dad if SHE is still there in August we won't be staying by him if we visit in August, and he should not take it personally. Maybe I should pour some water on her and see if she starts to melt :) (like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz.)

Anyway, I am going to go and try to relax, if that's possible with the witch stomping around complaining about every damn thing the kids are doing.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    How funny and sad at the same time. I feel bad that you had to stay around someone like that and feel that discomfort while visiting your family and friends. She is probably wishing she the great relationship you all have with your father with her own child. But she being the way she is makes people not want to be around her. Ugg I can't stand people like that.

    At least you had a few laughs with your sister and got to spend time with your father. Poor guy LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home