A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

and don't get a heart attack shovelling it, which is what I almost gave myself this morning LOL. I am a very type A personality, always have to be doing something, I can't sit still just to relax. This morning, I saw it snowed quite a lot outside, about half a foot in my opinion. I shovelled it myself. About 3/4 of the way through, my pulse was about 150 and I felt really sick, like I was going to throw up. I still pushed myself through it, and then took #1 and #5 to the pediatrician because #5 has an ear infection and I was going to attempt to take #1 to karate. I discovered they had not yet plowed sidewalks and pushed my jogging stroller through the terrible mess. A very kind stranger helped me by lifting the other end of the stroller while I pushed and #1 trampled the snow ahead of us to make it flatter. B"H my pediatrician is very close to home so it didn't take too long. By the time I got in, I was ready to collapse., Even now, I am in pain. I think I pulled every chest muscle I had and my right arm is sore because that i the arm I was using to throw the snow into the pile. I am still planning on going out again, I am going to go to the library and maybe to sobeys. I didn't make to karate though and the sensei understood because we are a good distance away and I am sure TTC is going to be a mess, not to mention how I would get my stroller though the mess any further than I already got. Luckily the sidewalk was plowed on my way back.

I can't just relax. Even when I had my laparoscopies I couldn't just relax after the surgery. I was on the phone, etc. :) Type A I am most definitely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home