A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

ANOTHER UTI!!!

Last week, 4 days after finishing 10 days of macrobid, previously to that, 7 days of macrobid, and before that, a week of cipro I am still testing positive for a UTI!!!!! now I am back on another 5 days of cipro. I made an appointment to see the doc next thursday and I want a referal back to the urologist. I don't have time to end up with a kidney infection, G-d forbid.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Ak28 said…

    Wow. I don't blame you. You should go see a urologist but there is not much really he can do. He will probably do a cystoscopy which is where they take a light and look inside your bladder to see if it is red or if there is a reason for all the urine infections. They can tell if it is cystitis or not but usually people who have alot of urine infections don't have cystitis they only have the symtoms of it but no UTI. I B"H had only 2 urine infections although plenty of times I felt like I had a UTI but I didn't. Anyways, take care of it because it is not good to be on medication if it is not working. Take care. Your friend AK28

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    I have a grade 2 cystocele. I've had 2 cystoscopies..my cultures always come back pos. for bacteria and I take the antibiotics that are sensitive to it.I'm not sure why its not going away. I have a doc appointment next thurs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home