A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Gimme, Gimme

#2 and #1 seem to have lost their manners this afternoon and I am very frustrated. I have been up since 6:30 am, my soup is ruined because I forgot about it, when I was in the middle of bathing the kids for shabbos. My cholent is too watery, I rushed it because I had to go get #2 and #3 from school and I was running late. Now I am just trying to have a drink of water and a cup is shoved into my face by #2 whining Give me soy milk now. NO please or any thing. and she has been eating every single food I bought at food shopping all afternoon. I told her no more snacks now thats it. and then she starts whining. I told her to go take it up with daddy. I think having two snacks between lunch and dinner is reasonable. she has had slices of cheese, apple, orange, strawberry and now soy milk. I told her THAT"S IT!!! You don't eat every hour in school, why are you doing it here??? every half hour. she is not hungry, she is bored. and I am annoyed. Anyway, candlelighting is in 20 minutes. I hope my cholent dries up a bit by tomorrow. #2 is whining about where are her boots now. I am in a cranky pms mood. I hope shabbos is better.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Both my son's do that also. They eat all day without a break when they are at home for some reason. I know when they are in school they don't do this so why are they doing it at home. I say that's it a dozen times but I always cave and give more.

    I have no idea how to make it stop LOL!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    If you figure out a way, .let me know LOL. I just went food shopping thursday and my kids ate all the vegatables and most of the fruit. At least its healthy stuff though LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home