A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Never Let your UTI Go for Too Long..

I have learned the hard way :( A month ago, I had a bad bladder infection, med visit doc gave me a week of cipro. 2 days after, the UTI comes back. My family doc gave me a week of macrobid. I finish, 2 days later it comes back. I made an appointment to go to the doc but it snowed and I could not push my stroller through it. I left for NJ, had terrible back pain and pus and stuff in the urine, bad odor to it too. I could not see a doc in NJ, no health coverage there unless I went to ER. I went to doc today, he dipped it and it came back positive. he is sending it away to the lab, I am on 10 days of macrobid. I feel horrible. Pain in my right kidney, nauseaous, horrible back pain. This is the worst UTI I have ever had and I am starting to worry I may need to go to the ER if it gets worse. If I do not feel significant improvement by Monday I will phone the doc, but if I start to run a fever, then i am going to the ER for sure.

I feel like crap and want to go lie down to rest for a bit.
this really IS the bladder infection from hell. :(

2 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    That sounds horrible! I hope you get better quickly. I wonder what makes these UTI come around? I had it once after my first delivery (older son). It's so horrible but the one I had wasn't as bad as what you are saying.

    Hang in there and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    I have a grade 2 bladder prolapse (cystocele). My bladder never empties all the way, so I am prone to infection. I am feeling a bit better today, B"H. just tired from the UTI.

    THis one is the worst one I've ever had.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home