A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Case of the Missing Emails

Is finally solved!!!! YAY. You see, several people were miffed at me for not answering email. Finally one of my friends informed me she wrote me several times and was puzzled by my emails to her asking why she wasn't writing me LOL. I was missing email from #1' s karate teacher, emails from the lady who is sending #1 his prize package from the contest I entered him in. Finally today I phoned my ISP's tech support, where I discovered--here comes my DOH! moment-- I had my settings configured wrong!! DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder how many other emails I am missing that I am not even aware of! I enter a lot of contests...I wonder how many I won that I was not aware of! Oh well....at least its fixed now :)

In other news...I think I am having gall bladder trouble. I think my stomach virus last week was not a virus..it happened again 2 nights ago...it was almost as bad as contractions..I was worried about pancreatitis, I almost went to the ER. I was in fetal position in agony, it made the pain less painful that way. It was mild all day and then boom, at midnight it was horrible. Now this afternoon and still now I am having pain in my uppper right side by my ribcage. If it gets bad like it did 2 nights ago I might go to the ER. Most likely I wlll just wait till my doc though because ER can take 12 hours, literally, to be seen. My neighbor had a post partum uterine infection and it took the triage 2 hours even to register her as a patient! Ontario health care sucks. BTW I just read an article that said Ontario is the worst province for cancer patients, as they have the fewest new drugs out there to treat people. Scary.

I got the re-enrollment forms for #2 and #3, and also a new form for #4 who will, IY"H, be starting nursery in the fall! I will have 4 in school, and one at home. Cool! #3 is repeating junior kindergarten, because he isn't' ready yet for senior. he is one of the youngest in his class. I do not care for the pre-school director very much, she didn't listen to me when I told her I wanted him in nursery for this year. I also think she judges #3 based on #1's asperger's and I had to tell her repeatedly he DOES NOT have it! we already had him screened for it as when you have one child with asperger's it is a higher risk of siblings having it. She has another student who has someone come in to give the teacher advice for difficult behaviour that the kid is presenting with and now wants the same for #3. "strategies to help the teacher". I wish I could speak to the parent of that other kid to see what she thinks of it. But because of privacy I don't know who the other mother is. I know #3 can be difficult some times but maybe if the pre-school director bothered listening to me and put him in nursery like I wanted he wouldn't have any behavioural trouble at school.

Tomorrow I am going to #1's speech therapy session. And that's about it for today. My dad is really down in the dumps and wants us to visit NJ again (he and the step-monster are divorcing..which should be final by next month). I would love to visit NJ but the kids have school and we were just in NJ a few weeks ago, and hubby is busy with work. IY"H August.. I wish sooner but we can't. I told my dad he is more than welcome to stay by us for a few weeks but he has to work too. :(. My sis moved to Florida because she had a job offer there, its hard for my dad right now, he is all alone in NJ. I am worried about him.

Ok, will post more later..

Anyway, I am off to go take a shower and read and relax.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your pain could be caused by gallstones. You should probably check it out.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    Thanks...one of my friends also said that too. I am going to make a dr. appointment to get a requisition for abdominal ultrasound.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home