A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Ok, Purim is practically over, time for Pesach cleaning.

I am so tired. Beyond tired. I woke up very early this morning and was not able to fall back asleep. We ate at home and then went to the in-laws for their seudah as they were not really having much of a seudah, just salads, lox and tuna, and they were starting late, around 1 pm, So I fed the kids beforehand. Then, on our way out, my mother in law asked me to drop off a shaloch manos at #2's classmate's house, two doors over from her. I took her there, while hubby was getting the rest of the kids ready to go home. #1 decided to come with us, and when the other mom opened the door, #1 ducked under her arm and ran into her basement! I was beyond embarrassed. #1 refused to come up because, "it's amazing down here, there are lots of toys". ARG! They were in the middle of their meal, and I was mortified, not sure if I should run into the basement to get him or let the mom who's house it was do it. #3 made an appearance at this point. Finally #1 comes out with a toy from the basement he said was given to him. I apologized profusely and she was okay with it, her brother has full blown autism and she understands. But still! I am so embarrassed! I had explained to #1 when we knock on people's doors, its not okay to just run into people's houses to "explore" as he puts it. he did that when we went to a doc's house right before our trip to NJ when #1 was sick with a bad ear infection. he ran into the doc's living room and turned on his wide screen tv. He has to understand what's appropriate behaviour. because of the asperger's this does not come naturally, but he can learn.

Anyway, I am so tired, I already finished cooking for shabbos. Candle lighting is at 7:13 pm. so i am signing off for now. Good shabbos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home