A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome to Hell

OMG. Can my day possibly be any worse? Probably. Things could always be worse. Let me start at the beginning. I take my double stroller with #4 and #5 and #1 walking next to me. we attempt to walk to wal-mart. the sidewalks were not plowed well, making walking very difficult. Halfway to wal-mart, I hear a snapping noise. It was my wheel. How am i supposed to walk to wal-mart now?? How are we even supposed to get home????? I phone my mother in law, but she had things to do, and I could tell she was not happy at having to pick us up, as she is getting her 3 bathrooms re-done, and needed to settle things at the firm that is redoing them. So I abandoned my stroller and walked with #4 and #1 next to me, and #5 in my arms. A kind stranger saw us struggling to walk in the snow and helped me cross a major intersection and get right to wal-mart with my gang. I phoned a friend who came and got us. I am so upset. Now I have no double stroller. I have only 1 single jogging stroller which sort of needs some minor repair. (a washer fell out. Hubby needs to put it back on the stroller.) I have a triple jogging stroller someone gave me but it does not fit through any door ways.

Another thing I am really annoyed at is hubby did some computer work for someone. he made it clear his fee was 30 dollars an hour before he started. He was there 2 and a half hours, after working a full day at work. I was not happy as it was 11 pm when he came home from helping them. They did not pay him, or say when they would pay him at all. Hubby tried to phone them last night, they did not return his call. They are very well off financially and I can not understand their failure to pay 75 dollars., We could really use that money right now. I say, if they don't pay up by Sunday hubby should call the rabbi and have him speak to them. My hubby says I am assuming the worst of people. ok, maybe he is right, but they didn't even bring up when they would pay him or anything. I am putting my foot down if they ask hubby to help them again. Before we were married he used to do work for free for them, but now, he is older, and has a lot of experience with computers. IF they didn't want to pay him, they should have called some teen ager to go do their slave work for free.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:56 p.m., Blogger BrooklynWolf said…

    They just flat out refused to pay him when he asked for his money?!

    The Wolf

     
  • At 3:03 p.m., Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    they didn't refuse, but when hubby brought up being paid they didn't pay him or say anything about when they would pay him. He had told them before he started the work how much he charged and they agreed to it.

     
  • At 10:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They have email, and an address. He should get on the computer, create an invoice and send it to them. There is no free LUNCH anymore!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home