A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, April 28, 2008

How I spent my Pesach Vacation

I spent my Pesach vacation cleaning up puke from all 5 of my kids and then got sick myself. Then my mother in law caught the stomach flu from the kids and me. Then, the husband of my mother in law's friend visiting from Scranton, PA caught it, then one of their kids. Then my father in law caught it and was pretty sick over the last day of Pesach. B"H so far hubby has not caught it, nor the mommy from scranton either. The Scranton guests are heading back today to PA and it would really suck if she had the stomach flu over a 10 hour drive with 3 kids.

As for me, I am so exhausted. I can not believe I woke up at 6 am to go to the bakery to buy bread. And the funny thing was, I ran into my mother in law there. Also there was another guy customer there too. So it seems I am not the only one with the brilliant idea of beat the masses by being an early bird! :P though it was empty when I was there, minus my mother in law and that other customer, so being an early bird rocks! :P In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am crowd-phobic. I can not stand on a long line up, especially one that tends to be disorganized, like it is in the bakery I frequent. I get very anxious. So I am early bird so I don't have to deal with it :) I also hate crowded malls and such. I try to avoid it by not going on a Sunday or during the holiday season rush. What can I say, I have my quirks :P

And as for the rest of my Pesach, I spent reading Rebecca Eckler's new book Toddler's Gone WIld. I highly recommend it! It is pretty funny and moms of toddlers can really relate to it :) Now I am reading a book by Harlan Coben called Hold Tight and I also recommend that one too. I am halfway through it already. and I am not just reading it because he is a fellow New Jerseyan :P (GO NJ!!) :P

You can take the girl out of New Jersey, but you can't take the New Jersey out of the girl :P

Ok, I am so overtired, and had bout 4 hours of sleep, and now I have to get ready in a few minutes to wake up #1 to get ready for school. Me so tired..waaah:(

I will post more when I am not so exhausted. But aren't I so entertaining when I am this tired?? :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home