A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It''s Almost Over...

Whew..what Pesach I am having. First #4 throws up on my father in law's black hat he left on a chair, erev Pesach. Then #5 throws up all over the stairs at our house. Then this morning she threw up what looked like digested matzah and strawberries, part of her dinner from last night. #1 is exhausted from the late nights and is not adjusting well to the different schedule of Pesach. #2 and #3 keep bugging me every second about food. what is it about pesach that leaves the kids feeling MORE hungry instead of FULL???? If I hear, I am hungry, one more time, I shall scream. :P I think the matzah is not good for the kids digestion either. I know its making my GERD flare up big time.

Tomorrow the trundle bed for #2 and #5 is coming! :)I listed the change table and crib on ebay. I have one bidder on the change table on ebay, and 4 people watching the crib/mattress/sheets I listed, but no bidders on that yet. I hope someone buys it as I have no room to store it anywhere for long!

As for me, I finally got to purchase some clothes for myself yesterday, after not having bought clothes that were NOT maternity for myself since I came to canada, except for a few outfits here or there. I was a size 6 or an 8 depending on the cut of the cloth, and now I am not, unfortunately :( I can't bear to donate my skinny clothes, even though I know that if I lose the weight, I will probably still not be able to wear a size 6 again. I hear your body changes shape after having kids. I really need to be serious about losing weight. I am so sick of being chubby, and my baby is going to be 2 soon. I have no excuse now to not lose weight. I will have to start focusing more on my portion size and not eating when I am not feeling hungry..i.e. stress, boredom, PMS :P. I bought some nice skirts and tops from Lands End and also Sears.


The other thing I have been thinking about lately is when am I going to go back to school and get my nursing degree. I really wanted to apply and start next September, but I think I will have to postpone it a few more years as it involves a lot of studying and I have to put my kids first. If it takes me another ten years to go, I will wait that long. I will probably be in my 40's by the time I graduate..I wonder if that would make it hard for me to find a job as a nurse. I wish I had figured out my calling back when I was 17. I wasted so much time and money as an English major, which is what everyone wanted me to be. I volunteered in the hospital for years, wanting to be a nurse as a teen ager, and I should have done what I wanted. I really hope to apply in the next few years, IY"H.

Anyway, I am going to go vacuum up the matzah crumbs now.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Z said…

    You'll do just fine at 40! You have no idea how many people I put back into school (I do workforce development stuff) as a "second" career! And nurses are and will be in such critical demand, you'll be able to pretty much write your own ticket!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    Thanks :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home