A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, May 12, 2008

It's the the little things that matter

Mother's day was not a happy day for me. I have been under a lot of stress with #1's troubles at school, and I found out my best friend since I was 8 years old, found a lump the size of a quarter in her breast and has to go for mammogram and to the surgeon for a consult. Her mom had breast cancer (thank G-d, she is fine now.) I am so stressed out. Hubby didn't do anything for mother's day, his family is not into cards, etc and his dad always says every day is mother's day. The family was getting ready to go to the bubbe's house so I could go to the mall with hubby alone, and #1 was in the front yard waiting for us. He came in with a bouquet of dandelions and said happy mother's day mom. It really touched my heart. it was so thoughtful of him. we put them in a cup of water. It really made my day, such a simple gesture really got me out of the dumps. My other kids also wished me mother's day of course, which was special too.

Zaidy took #1 to school today. I am not sure how it went. I got the impression my father in law didn't want to tell me #1 was upset this morning, his voice sounded funny when I asked. He means well, but lectures a lot and doesn't believe #1 has asperger's so I was slightly worried as #1 changed his mind and wanted me to walk him at the last moment. (zaidy was already there) So far, no phone calls from the school so maybe I am just being paranoid as usual. I am supposed to call the principal this afternoon to discuss #1's troubles at school on the bus.
'
Anyway, I am going to go enter some online contests now..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home