A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Walk This Way...

So, this week we I am walking #1 to school in the morning instead of him taking the bus, and the teacher noticed a huge improvement in his behaviour. So even though its a huge pain to walk 5 kids to his school every morning, it's worth it because it means he will have a better day. I am supposed to have a meeting with the autism team on the 30th. FINALLY. B"H.

In other news, my friend does not have breast cancer, B"H. It turned out it was just a cyst. Whew.

Not much else doing right now..just trying to keep up with laundry and cleaning. Got to run, time to get dinner together for #2.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Z said…

    My son is also high functioning autistic and I will agree...its worth it to have a good start to the day!!!! You'd think they'd be able to put him on a special needs bus and you may want to check on that. They have those in the states for those kids who cannot ride the regular buses.

    Also, B"H about your friend!!! I am so glad!

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    He is on a special needs bus, but 2 of the kids there are tough kids. one is a fifth grader girl that is very bossy to him and is constantly telling him to be quiet, the other is a fellow second grader who is very competitive and starts up with him all the time. Maybe there less than 10 kids on the bus if that. I am hoping next year #1 will be able to be bussed..but we'll see. the principal told me not to cancel it yet for sept.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Z said…

    Hmmm...bus aides? That 5th grader needs to be stopped!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    I asked the school about that last week, and the principal told me they can't put an aide on the bus. its very frustrating.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home