A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Wish I were on vacation

Okay, mid-morning today I get ANOTHER phone call. #1 is having a bad morning. Yelling, etc. He was put outside the classroom with the aide for time out. I spoke to the principal AGAIN. I told her I do not think this is working well, that while I thought his teacher was great, he doesn't seem to know what to do with #1. I also told her our situation with the psychoeduational assessment thing. I made some calls this morning. One dr. wanted 2700 and would not give me any receipts even for the 500 dollar deposit until all the payments have cleared!! then the other wanted 2200 minimum. My insurance only covers 1500. I do not have an extra 500+ to spend. We are on a tight enough budget as it is without this added expense. So the principal said she would show the school psychologist #1's previous assessment and then try to get his name on a waiting list for a psychoeducational assessment through the school. He will be on a wait list, but she said its not like its urgent where he needs this ASAP, as he already has had one in the past. It's just that not all the tests could be done back then because he was too young at the time. A very aggravating morning.

Then this afternoon I got a positive phone call, finally, from the teacher saying #1 had a great afternoon, and did some great stuff playing word scramble, and talked calmly, etc.

next week we are having a little experiment, where #1 will walk to school with me and the rest of my gang, instead of taking the morning bus, as he is having many issues with kids on the bus, and he is coming to school all riled up and agitated, when he has left home quite calmly. So we'll see if me walking him will be better.

Anyway, that's it for now. Good shabbos.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    I hope the walking works better for him but it must be hard for you having to take the other kids with you too.

    Christine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home