A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, May 05, 2008

ZZZZZZZZZ

Ok, today I woke up at 5 am and could not fall back asleep! AGAIN! if it's not #3 waking me up in the middle of the night, then its me waking myself up! Maybe my problem is I turn on the computer and that makes me feel more awake, instead of reading, which makes me feel sleepy.

So today I walked down to the main office of #2 and #3 and soon to be #4's school to turn in my subsidy form for tuition for next year. I hope they give us a break like they did this year. Next year #2 will be in grade 1 and the tuition is 10.900 but no one pays that amount, the UJA gives most families a break according to salary and how many kids you have. I am worried because hubby had a slight pay raise but the cost of living has gone up in Canada too, so it really doesn't count. I will be worried about it until I get a letter stating how much subsidy we are getting.

In other news, #1 gave me quite a scare. There have been some break ins in my area unfortunately. I went downstairs to do laundry and noticed my basement window open! I freaked out but didn't' see anything stolen. I called hubby and he said maybe one of the kids did it. But I am thinking, how?? It's high up! It turned out #1 did it by standing on my trunk from university. I told him to never do that again. not only could he have fallen off and hurt himself, anyone could have climbed into our basement through the window!

and one unrelated rant...I am so annoyed at the director of my housing community! She is very fickle about putting in work orders. My air conditioning is broken! it was put in last year, after a year of arguing that something was wrong with my old unit, it blew hot air! So now the new one we have is doing the same damn thing! the maintenance person looked at it and said it needed repair but the director doesn't want to pay for 2 service calls. so now I am gong to have to beg the guy who is coming to do regular maintenance on it to put it in his work report that my unit is not acting normally. Last year this same thing happened and the guy was in such a rush to get his job done to go home (I was one of the last houses of the day) he did not put anything down. I was very pissed. It took until July to be fixed. If its not fixed by end of may I will have to write a letter to the board so they can vote and get my unit fixed. I wish hubby and I could buy our own house..maybe one day I will win the lotto. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home