A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Camp!

Yes, it's that time of year again. #2 is going to a backyard camp and so far is having a good time. Everything would be perfect if #1 would stop trying to barge into the house of the lady who is running the camp. yesterday when we picked up #2, #3 needed to use the washroom, so #1 decided it would be a great idea to squeeze past me to run up the stairs of the house. I was mortified when he decided to then run down into the lady's basement! ARG! I explained to her privately about Asperger's and so she was very understanding of 1's behaviour. Today we prevented him from running in by opening the door enough for #2 to go in alone, without him. I just hope we have the same easy time when picking up #2 this afternoon.

Yesterday afternoon, I hooked up this kid sprinkler in the backyard. BAD IDEA. :P not only did it flood my grassless backyard into a mud pit, and caused a mini pool behind the air conditioner, where the tap is, #2 freaked out when getting sprayed by the sprinkler. #1, #3 and #4 loved it. #5 was not too thrilled. In addition #1 managed to soak part of my couch and living room, and then proceeded to soak me as I was trying to shut off the tap. I have moved the sprinkler into my garage and deem it a "toy for bubbe's backyard only". She doesn't know it yet but I have a nice little toy for her to store in her backyard :P I am sure she will be so thrilled LOL :) actually, I am sure she will not mind it at all.

Anyway, that's it for now, tomorrow we are going to sheva brachos at my mother in law's house. (tomorrow night) that means I don't have to cook for Friday night dinner! We invited an acquaintance and his wife who have 3 boys of their own, and my mother in law's friend has her 2 grandsons. that means there will be 10 kids, 7 of them being boys ages 8 and under, in addition to about 20 adults. :P Let the good times roll! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home