A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Head, shoulders, hand foot and mouth

Its contagious!! #3 and #1 have the coxsackie virus, aka hand foot and mouth disease. #3 just has some sores on his tongue and a few on the roof on the mouth. #1 has it worse, with blisters on the roof of his mouth, throat, and on his feet. he keeps trying to pop the ones on his feet, and I keep trying to distract him from doing it. #2 is worried she will catch it, and most likely she will. I think #5 has it, I thought I saw some of the blisters on the roof of her mouth. The doc who made the housecall this morning said its very contagious. He said not much you can do for it, just tylenol for the fever. Apparently, spaghetti and meatballs was not a good food for supper to eat with the sores in the mouth Despite that, #1 was feeling okay enough to see Wall-E today with #2, hubby and me. MIL watched the rest of our gang while we were at the theatre. It was a great kids movie, highly recommend.

On Friday night, we went to sheva brachos at my mother in law's. I stupidly listed my blog address on my facebook account, and someone there on my facebook friend list told me I should try to make my blog more interesting. I say, BITE ME :P heheehe but that's not actually what I said. I told the person I vent my feelings on it and I don't care if people find it interesting or not. its my diary. Just like I am in real life, I don't care too much what people think of me or my writing. I am who I am, either like me or don't like me. I am not a phony, and I hate people who are. I have not had the easiest life, and after caring too much in high school what was thought about me, and having low self esteem, I decided what's most important is what you think of yourself, not the opinion of people who barely know you. I am not much of a social person. I feel very uncomfortable and self conscious in social situations with people I don't know well. and I was thrust into a sheva brachos with about 30 people. My true friends are in New Jersey. My friends who really get me and understand me and my quirky sense of humor. I find toronto can be a snooty and unfriendly place. I miss my friends...wah :( Don't mind my rant. I am PMSing :P hehehe

Anyway, tonight I plan on watching the season finale of Doctor Who. and am going to get the kids ready for bed now as its after 8 pm and I really want to watch it.

Laterz.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    My son just got over this! I had never heard of it before until this happened. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

    Christine

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Ow and the blog thing. Don't you just hate that when people comment like that. As if you are writing for other entertainment LOL!

    I try to keep my facebook seperate because I want to keep my blog as disconnected as I can to avoid exactly what you went through. Plus some of the things I write about on my blog I just wouldn't want my friends and family to be aware about. It would be like opening a can of warms for no reason.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home