A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

How Many Days Until School Starts???

I can not believe it, but I am actually looking forward to the start of school again. #1 is bored and driving me bananas. He keeps bugging his siblings, taking off #5's hat repeatedly when we are walking to pick up #2 from camp. He keeps asking to use the washroom at the camp lady's house, and after the washroom, he does not leave to go out but tries to "go exploring", to use his words. LOL. Today he keeps emptying out the tzedakah can, and stacking the money in piles according to the change, and then putting them all back into the pushke. So I guess that's okay as long as its keeping him busy and he is putting it all back into the can.

Not much else doing..I am feeling cranky from a bladder infection and have to go to the walk in clinic tonight as its too difficult to take the 4 of them with me to my family doc. That should be fun. (am being sarcastic). I hate walk in clinics with a passion but I have no choice if I don't want to end up with a kidney infection. G-d forbid.

I'm feeling irritated a certain extended family member who is going on a two week vacation to Israel. last year I brought in their mail no problem. This year she is making it so damn complicated. She says the mail comes in the morning, so she asked her neighbor to get it and I have to make arrangements with the neighbor to get the mail and pay her bills and deposit paycheck of other extended family member. I really don't mind at all doing this, except the going to the neighbor part. I don't get it. why can't I just get the mail from the box myself if I have to go over there anyway??? I did this last year and it was fine. She says, the mail comes in the morning..so I told her, yes..I always picked it up that same evening and it was gone by the next morning from the box so the mail man has an empty box again for you. She didn't seem too enthralled with that. So whatever. why does everything always have to be so damn complicated? She says well not to worry if her neighbor is not home or whatever.. I feel, I have enough to do with the 5 kids, I don't like her neighbor too much as when I severed part of the tendon in my finger last year, I had panicked and knocked on her door for help. she said what do u want me to do about it? Anyway, I had ended up going to the urgent care clinic and gotten it taken care of by a special splint I had to wear, which was not so comfortable, but anyways..UGH. I am so damn cranky today.

Okay, I have to go start making lasagna now. Will post more laterz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home