A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Israel!

My in laws are in Israel! :) My father in law called me 3 p.m. EDT (10 p.m. Israel time). He left msg., so I wanted to call him back but it wasn't working right. So I called hubby who gave me the international calling code thingy I was missing (011). and it worked! :)
They must be very jet lagged, so when #2 came home from camp I figured my in laws must be already asleep and didn't think it was a great idea to phone there again. tomorrow I will call them, but I have to find out what time candle-lighting is in Jerusalem so I don't accidentally phone when its shabbos there.

I am feeling a bit better today, hopefully the cipro is working. My family doc is making aliyah after next week and will only be back 2 weeks out of the month thereafter. but will be in touch with his office daily and has a part time doc covering for him. So I want to get a requisition before he leaves to make sure my bladder infection is truly gone. I am worried I may have to find a new family doc and there is a severe shortage here. my doc is only flying back and forth for a year to see how it goes before making a permanent decision on whether he is continuing his practice here. I hope he does continue or else my new family doc will be the walk in clinic, which is a very very bad idea. why can't ontario just be a normal province and have normal health care!

Anyway, not much else is doing..still waiting impatiently for my winners gift card I won in that contest. I am supposed to get it by next week. So hopefully soon :)

anyway, my gefilte fish is ready to come out of the pot now..

2 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. It's always something right?

    Have you ever been to Israel? It's tough now with all the kids but not sure if you have went before. I would love to go it's just amazing all the history and how old it is.

    It's awesome how God has the power to keep places like Israel for all those years so that we can appreciate it all.

    Does your husband have any siblings? Or is his an only child? Seems like you seem to take care of it all so I was just wondering if anyone else pitches in on his side of the family.

    Take care of yourself.
    Christine

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Yiddishkeit said…

    My husband has one adopted brother who is special needs, he can't walk really and is non verbal..so its just hubby and me to help out his parents.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home