A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I need a freaking vacation

My dad is back in the hospital again. This time he is going to the depression ward and won't be discharged until he feels better.

In other crap news, today I was in the bakery, trying to pay for my stuff, when my debit card gave a weird error message saying, "limited use only" I was like what the hell does that mean? was my card skimmed? and just at that moment, my cell phone rang, and it was the fraud team at my bank asking me if I tried to withdraw $500 from an atm. I didn't. I was just trying to buy a loaf of bread. The fraud guy told me that my card was watched because I shopped in a place where others had their card skimmed so when they saw a large amount trying to be withdrawn, they declined it and froze my card. B"H! B"H! I had to go down and get a new temporary card and pin # and wait for a regular card to come in the mail. So my MIL, I called her freaking out because I was so shaken up..I've been mugged, robbed in the past, about 6 years ago, and now my card's been skimmed. for the second time in two years. Yes I am an anxious person... So I hear her trash talking me to her cousin. right in freaking front of me! HELLO! I CAN FREAKING HEAR U! I was yelling at #5 to stay close to me as she was attempting to play in the snow in the middle of the freaking parking lot and I was in a big rush to go home so I can get a lift to the bank to fix my account. I mean, if you are going to talk trash about someone at least wait until you hang up with that person!!. she was making rude comments about my anxiety. I really don't get her. I don't. She is nice to my face and then does this. I really can't stand phony people. I tell hubby, and he just said nothing. so I guess I will just say nothing too to her about it. I mean, she does help me, gives me lifts from food shopping, and sometimes picks me up a few things, and helps me shlep the kids to their dr appointments. I think she likes me, but whatever..I know she talks about me to all of her friends. it gets back to me sometimes. People only hear one side of the story on things. I am tired of her making me feel bad about myself. If I had a car or family here I would not ask her for lifts at all. what the hell am I supposed to do with my family thousands of miles away, and friends who work during the day? I need a car. damn it. it will probably be 15 years till I can afford one.

and you know what? unless you have had your purse snatched while walking at night, (BTW I was 8 months pregnant with #2) and then 3 months later come back from NJ and find all of your stuff gone, that some bastard has rummaged through your belongings and violated your sense of security you are really in no position at all to judge someone who is freaking out about having their card skimmed.

then, later, I get yet another call from my bank, this time to go over my other transactions and they tell me the fraud attempt happened in Montreal. How did my card # get all the way there?? the fraud guy tells me its a fraud ring and that's how it works. I feel very violated that someone tried to steal my life savings. B"H Hashem was watching over me and I did not lose a dime. I am just very grateful my card was being monitored by the security/fraud team. they would not tell me what place it got skimmed at. Now I am going to be really neurotic every time I use my card.

okay I have had enough for one night of internet.

Good night.
I am just very frustrated tonight.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 AM, Blogger Yolen said…

    Hi, Alison, it's Lissette from Willy P. I'm so sorry this happened to you, and that you were been robbed before! It's too bad your MIL isn't more understanding, I'd've been freaked out, too, in your shoes!

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger joshua said…

    Try to calm down when in these situations. I hope you have recovered from your frustrations. Keep sharing as it indeed gives you a vent.

    This is Joshua from Israeli Uncensored News

     

Post a Comment

<< Home